Era Nocturna race is an alpine ski event that takes place in Baqueira and it has been created by Copos Ski Club and Atomic to bring the magic and uniqueness of ski competition at night to Baqueira Beret.
They provide an event that is open to all participants wherein there is a Giant Slalom qualifying stage that then leads to a spectacular finale of a nighttime Giant Slalom with the Baqueira stadium illuminated for the event. The idea is that they provide a place where almost anyone and everyone can experience the adrenaline of being in a World Cup Slalom race.
During the day there is music and surprises in the Party Village located in the Beret Café. The event has proven to be full of excitement and there are a light and sound show never before seen in Baqueira Beret plus DJ and fireworks.
Not only this but Atomic, as a sponsor, has a free test centre on-site where you can test the newest atomic skis from the collection 2020-2021.
I am new to this, what is a Giant slalom?
Giant slalom is an alpine skiing discipline that involves skiing between sets of poles called gates as fast as possible.
The vertical drop for a GS course must be 250–450 m (820–1,480 ft) for men, and 250–400 m (820–1,310 ft) for women. The number of gates in this event is 56–70 for men and 46–58 for women.
The giant slalom originated in Italy in 1935 and debuted in the Winter Olympics in Oslo in 1952
Although giant slalom is not the fastest event in skiing, on average a well-trained racer may reach average speeds of 40 km/h (25 mph).
The race takes place in the Beret Stadium, in Baqueira ski resort. During the day all visitors and participants are hosted by the “Party Village” located in the Beret Cafeteria. This area is easily accessed by car from Baqueira with easy parking available with space for around 700 vehicles.
Dates and Times
- The 2020 version of this event will take place on Saturday 15th February. The qualifiers will be from 10 am – 1 pm and the final night skiing event is scheduled to take place between 4 pm and 8 pm.
- Throughout the whole day, the Village located in Beret café will be open to all visitors with live music, a big screen to watch all the action, food available, a light and sound show and many more surprises.
- At the end of the event and after the prizegiving, there will be a tombola for all participants of the Era Nocturna with many prizes available.
Here is the agenda for the day:
– 8.30 – 09.15 am: Pick up competition vests in Beret café. Participants will receive a welcome package plus a bracelet for the village and food tickets.
-10 am: Start of the qualifying rounds
-1 pm: Food with the DJ in the village plus images of the giant slalom. There will be a giant selfie with a drone.
-2 pm: Results and classification will take place in the Village (Beret Café), with music and images of the race on the big screen. Participants to return their race vests.
-4 pm: Start of the final rounds
-8 pm: Prizegiving and a farewell to the event.
35 euros up to 8th February
45 euros up to 13th February.
The price includes
- Race vest to take part in the qualifiers
- Welcome pack and gift
- Photographs of the Era Nocturna
- Race vest for the finalists
The Price does not include Baqueira lift pass
If you do not hold a federation license it is obligatory to contract a 7 euro insurance to be able to participate.
There are male and female categories for all of the following:
- U12 (2008-2009)
- U14 (2007-2006)
- U16 (2005-2004)
- U18 (2003-2002)
- U21 (2001-1997)
- U30 (1998-1988)
- MASTERS (1987 and earlier)